08 August 2010

Argentina a la Julia and Julia

Lately I've been having a lot of fun and I've seen some incredible things here in Buenos Aires, but in the downtime when nothing's going on, I get bored. In fact, the past two days I did very little and I barely left my apartment. That has to change. So I made up my mind today and resolved that I am going to find some way of filling those moments of boredom that I'll no doubt have between classes, volunteer work, and time spent with friends. I talked to my friends Chris and Paul and with the help of those two, I solved the problem.

Have you by any chance seen the movie Julia and Julia? Well, the inspired idea is based on that movie. I'm going to follow the example of Julia (not Julia Child, the other one) and choose a place in the city to visit each week. And then I'll write blog entries based on the places that I visit, with pictures, stories, whatever. And if I end up visiting more than one place per week, so much the better. I've already started making my list using the guidebook that Chris gave me just before I left.

Let's see, what else do I have to tell? Tomorrow the rest of my classes start, so I'll probably be busier in the next few days, which is wonderful because I feel super super lazy whenever I spend an entire day in the apartment and I don't do anything. I know I have 5 whole months to enjoy the city and have fun, but I feel this great pressure to take advantage as much as possible of all the city has to offer me. Suck all the juice out of it, as the residents of Buenos Aires say.

Well, that's it for now. As soon as I visit the first place on my list, I'll be updating again! Chau!

Últimamente estoy diviertiéndome mucho y he visto unas cosas increíbles acá en Buenos Aires, pero en los momentos tranquis cuando no pasa nada, me aburro. De hecho, los últimos dos días hice muy poco y apenas salí de mi departamento. Eso debe cambiar. Así que me decidí hoy y resolví que voy a encontrar alguna manera de llenar esos momentos de aburrimiento que seguramente tendré entre mis clases, mi trabajo de voluntario y el tiempo que paso con amigos. Hablé con mis amigos Chris y Paul y con la ayuda de esos dos solucioné el problema.

Acaso han visto la peli Julia and Julia? Bueno, la idea inspirada tiene como base esa peli. Voy a seguir el ejemplo de Julia (no Julia Child, sino la otra) y elegir un lugar de la ciudad para conocer cada semana. Y luego voy a escribir entradas del blog basadas en los lugares que visito, con fotos, anécdotas, lo que sea. Y si visito a más de un lugar por semana, tanto mejor. Ya comencé a hacer mi lista usando la guía que Chris me regaló antes de irme.

Bueno, qué más les cuento? Mañana comienzan el resto de mis clases, así que a lo mejor voy a estar más ocupado en los próximos días, lo que es buenísimo porque me siento muy pero muy flojo siempre que paso un día entero dentro del apartamento y no hago nada. Sé que tengo cinco meses enteros para disfrutar de la ciudad y divertirme, pero siento una gran presión a aprovecharme lo más posible de todo lo que tiene Buenos Aires para ofrecerme. Sacarle todo el jugo a la ciudad, como dicen los porteños.

Bueno, con eso basta por ahora. Tan pronto como visite el primer lugar de mi lista, actualizo de nuevo. Chau!

1 comment:

  1. David Shotwell09 August, 2010 22:51

    Sweet idea! This is going to be fun to see where you'll go. ^_^

    P.S. That's a wonderful movie :)

    ReplyDelete